By Nicole Figari, Nutritionist, author of the book "And now what do I eat?" and co-author of the book "Simple, rich and healthy", @nicole.figari
The last few weeks we have been under a lot of pressure, uncertainty, sorrow, fear, hope and hopelessness, which causes us great ANXIETY and little by little we see how that ANXIETY sabotages our eating plans until we give up....
That's why nutritionist @nicole.figari left us a series of tips to help us win the battle against ANXIETY and be able to control it.
- Being physically active. Part of a healthy life is being physically active. Starting gradually is essential!
- Have a good rest. Try to have healthy sleep habits, go to bed early and at the same time, always wake up at the same time and try to sleep 7-9 hours.
- Avoid alcohol, drugs, tobacco and coffee. All these influence our nervous system generating addictions.
- Have a healthy diet, rich in: vegetables, fruits, fish and whole grains.
- Prefer whole complex carbohydrates such as rice, pasta, oatmeal, etc., avoiding simple carbohydrates such as sweets, cakes, ice cream, etc.
- DO NOT SKIP MEALS. It is preferable to have a small snack than to be hungry and eat the refrigerator! In addition, this way we maintain more stable blood glucose levels.
- Have contributions of foods rich in the following nutrients: Magnesium (dark green leaves, legumes, nuts, seeds and whole grains), folates (spinach), zinc (cash nuts, red meat and egg yolk), omega 3 (fatty fish ), fermented foods, vit b (avocado, almonds)
- Always include at least one protein food at each meal.
- Hot liquids (tea, coffee, soups, infusions) help generate a greater feeling of satiety, therefore controlling anxiety.
- If your weakness is chocolate: choose one of very good quality, bitter and hopefully without sugar. Eat a small square each day. Knowing that you have a square a day also radically decreases your anxiety